Add some spice to your Easter Weekend with this Indian spiced masala roast leg of lamb recipe.
1 leg of lamb
30ml malt vinegar
25g ginger paste
15g garlic paste
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp garam masala
1 cinnamon stick
1 tsp cumin seeds
4 bay leaves
1 tbsp cornflour
- With a sharp knife, pierce the lamb leg and marinate in the salt, 15ml vinegar, ginger and garlic. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix together the yoghurt, chilli powder, paprika, nutmeg, turmeric, garam masala, cinnamon stick, cooking oil, cumin seeds, and bay leaves with the remaining oil. Add this marinade to the lamb leg and leave to marinate for 1 day.
- Remove the lamb from the fridge for a couple of hours to bring up to room temperature. Heat the oven to 200˚C and put the lamb for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, pour 1 glass of water in the tray, cover with foil and reduce the heat to 180˚C for 2 hours of cooking.
- When the lamb is cooked, let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Mix the cornflour with 20ml of water and add to the tray with the cooking juice and reduce to create a sauce.