This delicious turmeric rice recipe adds vibrancy to your plate as well as making Kohinoor’s basmati rice taste even more delicious.
200g Kohinoor Platinum Basmati Rice
1/2 onion, chopped
1 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Wash and soak the Kohinoor Extra Flavour basmati rice in lukewarm water for 30 minutes
- Heat the oil and butter in a thick bottomed pan
- Add the onion and lightly fry
- Drain the rice and add to the pan with the 400ml water, salt, and turmeric.
- Let the pan come to the boil. When it starts to boil, turn the heat down and put the lid on the pan for 12 minutes.
- Place a kitchen towel over the rice and cover the pan with the lid
- Reduce the heat to very low and allow the rice to steam for 6 minutes
- Serve up with any Kohinoor sauces and side dishes!
Kohinoor Platinum Basmati Rice
Kohinoor Platinum Basmati Rice from the valleys of Himalaya has a subtle sweet flavour and divine nutty aroma.